Establishing a strong online presence can feel like quite a daunting task for most cosmetic surgeons, especially with there being so much advice out there. You never quite know what’s true and who’s simply trying to sell you something.
If you’ve been researching ways to enhance your online presence, you’ve probably seen a lot of information on content marketing. Content marketing is certainly one of the best digital marketing tactics for almost any business and if you are thinking about incorporating it into your own strategy, there are a few things that you should know.
Content marketing 101 for cosmetic surgeons
- Content is King. You’ve probably heard this statement quite a bit but this is only because it’s completely true. Having a dedicated blog on your website means you will have something valuable to share with existing and future patients.
- Content converts. You can have a great looking website but it’s your content that’s going to get patients to convert. Not only does your content tell a story but it also establishes you as an expert in your field, showing customers they can trust you.
- Address patient questions and concerns. When potential patients have questions about a procedure or treatment, they’re more than likely going to turn to the internet first. When you have a blog that is able to answer any questions or concerns, you automatically become the first option for patients seeking that particular treatment or procedure, while boosting your SEO efforts at the same time.
- Keep it unique. There is never any reason for you to borrow content from another website. If you don’t have the time to create regular content, specialists in content marketing for cosmetic surgeons, Azuri Group, recommend that you rather hire a professional to assist you to create content that’s 100% unique. Not only is unique content good for SEO but it gives your brand a unique voice online too.
- Highlight your USPs. Content is a great way to tell patients why you’re better than the rest. Whether it’s a procedure that you’ve trademarked or you have received a special award, tell your customers about it on your website. If there’s a specific reason that a patient should choose you over their competitors, let them know.
- Keep writing. Blogs are only effective if you keep them updated. By developing a content strategy, you can make a point of creating relevant and interesting content on a regular basis so that patients and Google always have a reason to come back to your site.
- Keep track of Google’s rules. In order to enhance your SEO strategy using content, you will need to abide by Google’s rules. For example, content should be at least 350 words, mobile-friendly pages are preferred and photos and videos will be given preference. These rules are always changing though so it pays to stay abreast of any updates.
- Seek assistance. When done right, content marketing can have an amazing impact on your online reputation but it does need to be done correctly. If you know that you’re not going to have the time to develop unique, engaging content on a regular basis, it’s best to seek the assistance of an expert firm than to take a mediocre approach to content marketing.